With garden-fresh ingredients like basil and berries, this palate pleasing cocktail is always in season.
Strawberry and Jasmine Iced Tea
- 1 Tbs. goji berries
- 1 jasmine teabag
- 6 strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 6 fresh basil leaves
- 1⁄3 cup goji berry liqueur
- 2½ Tbs. white rum
- 2 tsp. Mandarine Napoléon liqueur
- ice cubes
- extra strawberries and basil leaves, to garnish
- cocktail shaker
- cocktail stirrer
- two tall glasses
- Pour ¾ cup boiling water over the goji berries and teabag. Leave to steep and cool. Put the strawberries, basil and goji liqueur at the bottom of the cocktail shaker and muddle until the strawberries have turned into a pulp. Add the rum, Mandarine Napoléon and a handful of ice cubes. Put the top of the cocktail shaker on and shake for 15 seconds.
- Pour the cocktail mixture into glasses filled with ice. Top with jasmine tea, including all the goji berries. Garnish with halved strawberries and a few basil leaves.
Slap and roll the basil leaves in your hands a few times before placing them in the cocktail shaker. This helps release more of the herb’s oils, which can be infused into your drink.” —Colin Furey, bartender, The Shannon Rose, Ramsey