The Hudson Valley Chapter of the Romance Writers of America (HVWRA) is sponsoring a pre-Valentine’s Day fundraiser that will raffle away and award over $400 in romance-related prizes to participants. The event will be held at Growler & Gill Craft Beer Micropub in Nanuet from 3:00pm to 5:00pm. Only 88 tickets will be available and are priced at $6 apiece, available at www.romantictrivia.com.
According to organizers, questions will all be G-rated and romance-related: love in film, music, literature, and even questions related to the history, arts and culture of the romance countries. Most prizes will be raffled off to individuals between each of the five rounds of ten questions, but the top team will win the grand prize of $100 gift card plus a collection of books, so there is an incentive to win. Up to five people can participate on a team.
“HVRWA is a non-profit organization dedicated to helping authors and aspiring authors of romance and other genres to improve their writing and achieve their publishing goals,” said Dawn M. Barclay, HVRWA president who writes as D.M. Barr. “Our new mission is to increase our exposure, increase the number and diversity of our membership, and bring inspiring educational speakers to our members each month. These programs are also available to the general public. The proceeds of this event will help fund these programs.”
The available prizes include:
· Discounts on Valentine's Day flowers, care of Flora Bella Designs
· Discounts on Couple's Portraits, care of Jessica Jane Photography
· A box of delicious Godiva Chocolate plus two books, care of author D.M. Barr
· Coupon for a lovely dinner at Sonoma Grille (for 2 or more) care of author D.M. Barr
· Two Tickets to an Elmwood Theater Production, c/o of Peter Garruba, Realtor with Keller Williams Hudson Valley Realty
· Grand Raffle Prize: Overnight at the Residence Inn Saratoga Springs in a one-bedroom suite plus breakfast for 2
· Grand Prize Basket for the winning team*: $100 in gift certificates plus a bag of delicious Greenwood Lake Roasters Craft Coffee and an entertaining collection of romance books, c/o Hudson Valley Romance Writers of America.
Members of the HVRWA will be on hand during and after the event to answer questions about the organization and sell and sign their books.
HVRWA programs are normally held each month in the meeting rooms at the Palisades Mall. Tentatively scheduled future meeting topics* will include:
Romance Writers of America represents more than 10,000 members in 145 chapters offering local or special-interest networking and education. Hudson Valley RWA, located in the lower Hudson Valley in New York State, is a sub-chapter, which began in 1984. We are a unique group of writers, both published and unpublished, who strive for excellence in our pursuits. Among our members and former members are RITA winners or finalists, Golden Heart finalists, EPPIE winners, and New York Times best-selling authors.
Learn more at www.hudsonvalleyrwa.org. For questions about the organization and the event, contract Dawn M. Barclay at 845-893-0173.
*HVRWA reserves the right to change Trivia prizes and meeting topics without notice.
Hudson Valley Romance Writers of America
We make every effort to ensure the accuracy of this information. However, you should always call ahead to confirm dates, times, location, and other information.