Raise a glass with this brightly hued, sweet cocktail on St. Patrick’s Day. Sláinte!
Shamrock Midori Martini
- 1 oz. midori
- 1 oz. vodka
- 1 oz. lemon or orange juice
- ¼ or ½ oz. simple syrup, to taste
- green sugar for rim
- Dip rim of martini glass into honey and then sugar until coated.
- Combine midori, vodka, juice and simple syrup in a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake vigorously until cold and pour into martini glass.
- Garnish with kiwi and other St. Patrick’s Day embellishments.
To make green sugar, mix sugar with green food coloring. To make simple syrup, combine equal parts water and sugar in a small saucepan over medium-low heat until the sugar is melted.
To cut the sweetness of this cocktail, you can add a splash of lemon-lime soda. The vodka and soda will mellow out the midori and won’t change the cocktail’s bright green color.” —Stacey Zuehlke, bartender, Tommy Fox’s Public House, Bergenfield