A Cut Above
Forget garden-variety heroes—it's time to try one these sophisticated takes on between-the-bread options.
Spinach and Artichoke Grilled Cheese
Yields: 4 sandwiches
- 6 oz. marinated artichoke hearts, drained
- 5 oz. frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. oregano
- ¾ cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 4 tsp. butter
- 8 slices Italian bread
- In a bowl, combine artichokes, spinach, mayonnaise, garlic, salt, oregano and Monterey Jack cheese.
- Heat a grill pan over medium heat. Place ½ tsp. of butter on one side of each slide of bread. Place 4 sandwiches buttered side down on hot grill pan. Divide artichoke mixture over each bread half and top with second slice of bread buttered side up.
- Toast each sandwich 3 to 4 minutes per side or until golden. Remove and serve.