A Fresh Start
Why settle for a bowl of cereal when there are endless possibilities for feeding your child—and you—a nutritious breakfast?
Yogurt Parfait Popsicles
Makes: 10 popsicles
- 2½ cups plain Greek-style yogurt
- 1 cup milk
- 3 Tbs. honey, plus more for drizzle
- 1 tsp. flax oil
- 2 Tbs. granola
For the fruit filling, use any of the following:
- ½ banana, sliced
- handful of blueberries
- handful of raspberries
- handful of kiwi, sliced
- In a medium bowl, stir together yogurt, milk, honey and flax oil.
- Arrange half of the fruit pieces in the bottom of the popsicle molds. Pour in enough yogurt mixture to fill each mold halfway. Tap mold on the counter to remove any air bubbles.
- Drop in the remaining fruit pieces. Tap mold again to settle everything.
- Fill each mold almost to the top with the remaining yogurt mix, leaving just enough space for the granola. Tap mold again. Drizzle honey onto the yogurt to act as “glue,” then sprinkle with granola. Gently insert popsicle sticks, then give it a final tap. Freeze for at least three hours.