Sweet, Sparkling Sangria!
It’s the perfect warm-weather refresher. And here’s a recipe sure to quench the most serIous summer thirst.
Blood orange blackberry sangria
- 3 cups sliced strawberries
- 3 cups blackberries
- 3 blood oranges, cut into wedges
- 1 lemon, cut into 8 wedges
- 1 lime, cut into 8 wedges
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup triple sec
- 2 cups sparkling apple cider
- 2 (750-ml.) bottles of fruity red wine such as Rioja
- in a large pitcher, toss in all of the strawberries, blackberries, oranges, lemon, lime and cinnamon sticks.
- Pour in the sugar followed by the triple sec, sparkling apple cider and red wine. Stir until the sugar is mostly dissolved.
- Place it in the fridge 4–8 hours. (you can drink it after two hours, but the longer you allow it to sit, the more flavorful it is!)