13 Hanukkah 2022 Menorah Lightings In Bergen County
Plan the first few nights of Hanukkah with these community-wide lightings and events.
Your December calendar is surely filling up fast, between office holiday parties, cookie swaps, kids’ end-of-year performances and maybe even doctors’ appointments you need to squeeze in before Q1. But don’t forget to make room on your busy schedule for menorah lightings, of which there are quite a few happening here in Bergen County.
The first night of Hanukkah is next Sunday, Dec. 18, so start planning out all eight nights now. And pro tip: Lighting the menorah with your community totally counts as your kid’s gift for that night ☺. Here’s our guide to 2022 menorah lightings in Bergen County. They’re all free to attend, but donations are always appreciated.
- Sunday, Dec. 18. Join the community at Glen Rock’s annual menorah lighting outside Kilroy’s Market at 3:30 p.m., sponsored by Chabad of NW Bergen County. There will be treats like jelly donuts, as well as a firetruck dropping dreidels from a ladder for the kids!
- Sunday, Dec 18. The first stop for Chabad of NW Bergen County is at Wyckoff Town Hall for a menorah lighting at 4:40 p.m.
- Sunday, Dec. 18. Next stop for Chabad of NW Bergen County is the Franklin Lakes menorah lighting at Borough Hall at 5:30 p.m.
- Sunday, Dec. 18. The last stop is the Mahwah Municipal building, where the menorah will be lit around 6:30 p.m.
- Sunday, Dec. 18: Register your car (and decorate it to the max!) for the menorah parade sponsored by Valley Chabad. Along with a police escort, cars in the parade will drive from the Montvale menorah lighting at the Montvale train station which begins at 3:30 to the Westwood train station at 4:45 p.m.
- Sunday, Dec. 18. That same night, Valley Chabad will also be lighting the menorah at Washington Township Borough Hall at 6 p.m. Valley Chabad’s lightings will also feature gelt, latkes, donuts and gifts for the kids.
- Sunday, Dec. 18. Light up the night at Van Neste Square in Ridgewood at 5:30 p.m., sponsored by Temple Israel.
- Monday, Dec. 19. Join Valley Chabad (again) at a menorah lighting at Borough Hall in River Vale at 5:30 p.m.
- Monday, Dec. 19. Sponsored by Temple Avodat Shalom, this menorah lighting will be at Stew Leonard’s in Paramus at 5:45 p.m.
- Tuesday, Dec. 20. Valley Chabad will light the menorah at the Park Ridge train station at 6 p.m.
- Tuesday, Dec. 20. Join Valley Chabad for the lighting at Old Mill Pond in Woodcliff Lake at 6 p.m.
- Tuesday, Dec. 20. Join Bergen Town Center’s menorah lighting at 6 p.m. at the shopping center across from Whole Foods.
- Wednesday, Dec. 21. On the fourth night of Hanukkah, Valley Chabad is at it again at Allendale Borough Hall beginning at 6:30 p.m.
Which Bergen County menorah lighting will you be attending this year? Tell us on Instagram @bergenmagnj!