18 Restaurants Offering Veterans’ Discounts
Plus, find out how vets and active service members can play golf for free in Bergen County on Friday, Nov. 11.
We’ll never be able to truly repay our veterans and active duty members who’ve fought so hard for our country…but offering them free and discounted stuff helps a little bit, no? In honor of Veterans Day, Nov. 11, active duty members and veterans who are residents of Bergen County can get a free round of golf at any of Bergen County’s six golf courses on Nov. 11 or 12. This includes the tee time and the cart fee. Just call 201.336.6325 during normal business hours to confirm your veteran status on the phone and to book your slot.
Additionally, dozens of chain restaurants with locations in our county are offering vets deals on food and drink items that are too good to pass up. So grab your military ID card—proof of service is required at all locations—and check out the offerings below.
- At 7-Eleven, multiple locations, get a free coffee or Big Gulp.
- At Applebees, multiple locations, get a free meal from a select menu (participating locations only).
- At Bar Louie at Garden State Plaza, enjoy a free flatbread or burger.
- At BJ’s in Teterboro, enjoy a free meal from this select menu and a free Dr. Pepper. Dine-in only.
- At California Pizza Kitchen at Garden State Plaza, enjoy a free pizza, salad or pasta from the Veterans Day menu. Dine-in and pick-up only.
- At Chili’s, multiple locations, enjoy a free entrée from a select menu.
- At Chipotle, multiple locations, buy one/get one free for burrito bowls, salads, bowls or tacos. Dine-in only.
- At Dunkin’ Donuts, multiple locations, get a free donut.
- At iHOP, multiple locations, get free red, white and blue pancakes from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- At Krispy Kreme, multiple locations, get a coffee and your donut of choice for free.
- At Olive Garden at Bergen Town Center, get a free entrée from a special menu. Included are unlimited breadsticks and soup or salad.
- At On the Border in Paramus, receive a free Pick-2 combo meal. Dine-in only.
- At Orange Leaf Frozen Yogurt in Ridgewood and East Rutherford, enjoy half-off your cup of froyo with proof of ID.
- At Outback Steakhouse in Rochelle Park and Edgewater, get a free Bloomin’ Onion and a Coca-Cola product of your choice. Available for dine-in and call-in (not online) orders only.
- At Red Lobster in Paramus, enjoy a free serving of Walt’s Favorite Shrimp, which comes with cocktail sauce, fries and coleslaw.
- At Smashburger in Paramus and Lodi, get a free double classic smash burger.
- At Starbucks, multiple locations, choose from a free tall hot coffee or a free tall iced coffee.
- At T.G.I. Fridays in Hackensack, enjoy a free meal from the Veterans Day menu.
Any deals or discounts we missed? Tell us on Instagram @bergenmagnj.