5 Ways To Keep Busy In Bergen This Memorial Day
We’re mere days away from summer ’22! Here’s how to kick it off in style on MDW without even leaving the county.
The one-week countdown to Memorial Day Weekend (MDW) officially begins now—have you made plans yet? In addition to MDW parades and ceremonies being held in various Bergen towns, there’s a whole lot else going on close to home for the three-day holiday weekend. Here’s a sampling of family-friendly events worth checking out:
- Thursday, May 26–Monday, May 30, noon to 11 p.m. The L.E.A.D. Fest Carnival comes to Westfield Garden State Plaza in Paramus for MDW (plus a few dates in June), where you’ll find rides, food, concessions, games, vendors and more. Admission to the carnival is $5; you can also purchase ride tickets (11 for $15) and/or a wristband for $30.
- Saturday, May 28, 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. $5 admission will get you into the Saddle Brook Food Truck Extravaganza at St. Phillips Church, featuring food (duh), margaritas, music, a beer garden and fun activities for the kiddos.
- Sunday, May 29, 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Prepare your stomach for BBQ season at the Digestion & Yoga session at Shido-Kan Karate of Mahwah. You’ll learn about how to have a healthy gut, as well as engage in a yoga session that targets the digestive system. Admission is $30.
- Monday, May 30, 7 a.m. to noon. The North Jersey Masters Track and Field Club hosts the 45th annual Fred d’Elia Memorial Day Ridgewood Run at Veterans Field in Ridgewood, featuring a race for everyone—a 5K, a 10K, a wheelchair 10K, plus an Elite Mile for men and an Elite Mile for women. It all leads up to the kid-friendly Fun Run at noon. Pricing ranges from $20 to $76, depending on which race you plan on doing.
- Monday, May 30, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Field Station: Dinosaurs in Leonia opens for the season—their 10th anniversary season, in fact—featuring animatronic dinos, walking trails and live shows, games and activities. A day pass is $17.75—kids 2 and under are free.
What’s on your family’s agenda for Memorial Day Weekend? Tell us on Instagram @bergenmagnj!