A Glass of Gourd
You’ll have pumpkin, spice and everything nice with this sweet way to usher in the fall season.
Pumpkin Spice White Russian
For the drink:
- 3 oz. good quality vodka
- 3 oz. pumpkin spice creamer
- 1.5 oz. Kahlúa
- whipped cream and pumpkin pie spice, to garnish
For the rim:
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp. sugar or sparkling sugar
- 3 Tbs. crushed graham crackers
- Mix the ingredients for the rim together on a shallow plate. Dip the edge of two glasses in water and then dip into the graham mixture. Press to coat. Set the two glasses aside.
- Pour vodka, creamer and Kahlúa into a large cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake lightly until combined and cold.
- Pour into glasses and top with whipped cream and pumpkin pie spice.
Instead of Kahlúa, which might overpower the pumpkin flavor, use RumChata, which is a great neutral base and really allows for sweeter flavors to pop. I also suggest using crushed biscotti for the rim and securing it with a thin rim of honey—it will stick better than water and the graham mixture and look and taste great.”
—Gene Bazzarelli, general manager, Franco’s Metro Restaurant, Bar & Pizza, Fort Lee