A Healthy Dose
With ingredients that soothe a sore throat and boost immunity, this infectious cocktail might be just what the doctor ordered.
- 1⁄3 cup whisky
- 3 Tbs. clear honey
- ¾ cup orange juice
- 4 tsp. lemon juice
- 4 tsp. organic apple cider vinegar
- 6 dashes Angostura Bitters
- 12 drops echinacea tincture (liquid echinacea)
- ice cubes
- bee pollen, orange peel curls and natural honeycomb, to garnish
- Pour whisky into a cocktail shaker and stir in honey until it has all blended. Next, add the orange juice, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, Angostura Bitters and echinacea. Stir well.
- Fill glass with ice cubes, and pour in the penicillin mixture. Garnish with an orange curl, a sprinkle of bee pollen and a piece of natural honeycomb.
Since honey tends to clump and sink to the bottom of cold beverages, I recommend mixing it with a bit of warm water first so it melts, and then add it to the drink. You can even buy honey crystals, which dissolve like sugar.” —Tracy Rothwell, bartender at W’s, Oakland