A Pandemic Prix Fixe
Ridgewood Restaurant Week is underway, and here are what some of the village’s top restaurants are offering to celebrate.
The coronavirus pandemic has put an abrupt end to lots of town activities, from holiday parades to trick-or-treating, but nothing can dampen our love of food. And with eateries limiting capacity to 25 percent, among other guidelines, you can dine-in safely. With that in mind, the village of Ridgewood is celebrating Restaurant Week 2021 from Jan. 17–21 and again from Jan. 24–28, at which point many restaurants will be offering prix fixe menus and specials for both dine-in and take-out, lunch and/or dinner. Here, we present a roundup of which restaurants are participating and how to place your order.
The following Ridgewood eateries are offering a three-course prix fixe for $30.21 per person. Call the one you’re interested in to inquire about their menus, as most aren’t listed online:
- Tapas place Finca, 20 E. Ridgewood Ave., 201.444.1199 (dinner only)
- Vegetarian eatery Green Fusion, 22 Oak St., 670.7502 (dinner only)
- It’s Greek to Me, 21 E. Ridgewood Ave., 201.612.2600 (ask if you can be seated in one of their heated greenhouses!)
- French restaurant Latour, 6 E. Ridgewood Ave., 201.445.5056 (dinner only)
- Turkish spot Lisa’s Mediterranean, 22 Oak St., 201.251.8686 (closed on Tuesdays, dinner only)
- American bar and grill Park West Tavern, 30 Oak St., 201.445.5400 (dinner only)
- Italian Pearl Restaurant, 17 S. Broad St., 201.857.5100
- Italian Piccolo Bistro, 29 Chestnut St., 201.882.1111 (closed on Tuesdays, dinner only)
- Roots Steakhouse, 17 Chestnut St., 201.444.1922 (lunch only)
- Truly Sichuan, 31 Chestnut St., 201.857.3830
- American eatery White Maple Café, 47 E. Ridgewood Ave., 201.447.1953 (dinner only)
If you’re not the three-course-meal type, one of these options should hit the spot:
- Kilwins ice creamery has a buy one/get one deal for fudge slices. 121 E. Ridgewood Ave., 201.445.4837
- The Office Tavern & Grill has family meal packages available daily: Call to inquire. When ordering a family package, you’ll get a $10 voucher to put toward a future purchase of a cocktail kit, which includes ingredients, garnishes and a recipe card to make six cocktails. 32-34 Chestnut St., 201.652.1070
- Ridgewood Culinary Studio is teaching a pasta primavera class at 6:30 p.m. on Jan. 19 and Jan. 20 for $30 per person. Salad and garlic bread is included in the price. 223 Chestnut St., 201.447.2665
- BBQ restaurant Smoked is selling a whole smoked chicken or one smoke rack of ribs with two sides for $30.21, Friday-Sunday. 2 Godwin Ave., 201.447.6653.