Bergen Gift Ideas + Restaurants for Mother’s Day 2022
You have a week to plan out your Mother’s Day festivities. We’re here to help with some gift suggestions and dining options for those special ladies.
Your wife, your mom and/or your grandma might tell you they don’t want or need anything for Mother’s Day this year (it’s next Sunday, May 8, folks), but… they’re lying. Every lady who spends 364 days a year worrying about her family deserves just one day of pampering—we’re talking gifts, a night on the town, brunch or dinner at a restaurant, the whole works.
But if it just dawned on you that Mother’s Day is barely a week away, we’re here to help. Keep reading for our gift suggestions in various categories that can all be purchased locally, plus a handful of Bergen County restaurants offering special menus and deals for Mother’s Day brunch or dinner.
Trust us on this: No mom is going to turn down jewelry on Mother’s Day (or any day), but if you don’t know her exact style, err on the side of classic. She’ll adore this 14K white gold sapphire and diamond tennis bracelet from Massoyan Jewelers in Old Tappan. Or, demonstrate your love for her with a 14K rose gold bezel-set heart-shaped diamond pendant from LaViano Jewelers in Westwood. Alternatively, gold hoops never go out of style, and these yellow gold 50mm hoop earrings from Devon Fine Jewelry in Wyckoff will complement her collection.
If you forget the flowers, you’ll be hearing about it until next Mother’s Day. Go beyond the drug store variety with a special Mother’s Day arrangement, such as the appropriately titled “Sophisticated lady” bouquet from Beers Flowers & Events in Ridgewood, or these “Lush lilies” from Woodcliff Lake Florist. Is mom more of a plant person? She’ll fancy this “Garden of Memories” from Montvale Florist.
A few minutes (or maybe an hour?) to herself is all she wants this year, even better if there’s pampering involved. Treat mom to a spa package, such as a Himalayan Salt Serenity Massage or Expert Facial from The Fountain Spa in Hackensack and Ramsey, or a three-hour luxe retreat at Lana’s Organic Day Spa in Cliffside Park. If you’re not sure which treatment she’ll enjoy best, your best bet is a gift certificate to SoJo Spa in Edgewater, the most luxurious spa on this side of the Hudson, for a 60-minute treatment of her choice. PS: gift cards are 15 percent off from now until May 8.
Entertainment and Eating
Mother’s Day isn’t the time for sitting on the couch and watching Netflix. Book a babysitter and take her out for a fun weekend in Bergen County. On Friday, May 6, the Players Guild of Leonia will perform “Follies” from Steven Sondheim at the Civil War Drill Hall Theater. Then, bring out her artsy side at Pinot’s Palette in Ridgewood on Sunday, May 8, where she’ll paint “Peonies in Mod” while sipping on the vino of her choice. Later that evening, celebrate women in music at the “Women in Music: Folk, Rock, Soul & Blues” concert at Englewood Library. Lastly, millennial moms will truly thrive at Britney Spears trivia night at Blue Moon Cafe in Wyckoff—it’s happening after Mother’s Day (on May 17), but you’ll be forgiven for the tardiness since Brit Brit is involved.
But the best part of Mother’s Day? Having someone else prepare her meal… and clean it up. Here are a handful of local eateries that have specials (and special menus) for Mother’s Day 2022:
- 103 Prime at Valentino’s in Park Ridge, which has an a la carte dinner menu on May 8
- Brownstone Pancake Factory in Englewood Cliffs and Edgewater, which has a special “Brownstone Brunch Box” for Mother’s Day featuring waffles, French toast and tons of toppings for a fun and indulgent DIY brunch at home
- Glen Rock Inn in Glen Rock, which has a brunch buffet with two seatings or a dinner buffet with one seating complete with a carving station, cold items, hot items and baked goods
- Haven in Edgewater, which has a three-course pre-fixe menu on May 8 that’s heavy on the surf and turf
- Lefkes Estiatorio in Englewood, which has a special three-course Greek-inspired prix-fixe Mother’s Day menu
- Osteria Crescendo in Westwood, where Chef Robbie Felice will prepare a three-course Italian feast with all of Mom’s favorites
- Sanzari’s New Bridge Inn in New Milford, which will have a three-course pre-fixe Italian feast (the same options they had on Easter Sunday)
- True Food Kitchen in Hackensack, which will have specialty health-conscious dishes, cocktails and gifts for mom throughout the weekend of May 7-May 8
Enter To Win
BERGEN is teaming up with Fair Lawn’s Once Upon A Board to give one lucky reader this hand-painted wood picture plaque—just in time for Mother’s Day. The 28-x-6-inch board is handmade by Fair Lawn’s Cathy Angotti and is the perfect gift to give Mom on her special day. Check out the contest rules and enter on Instagram @bergenmagnj.
What’s on your Mother’s Day agenda? And what gifts are on your shopping list? DM us on Instagram @bergenmagnj.