Enjoy a Night Out at These 7 Towns
National Night Out promotes good community policing—but it’s also a blast for kids and their families.
Summer’s all fun and games until—well, it’s all fun and games. That’s what happens at National Night Out (NNO), a community program hosted by local law enforcement on the first Tuesday of August. It’s usually filled with activities for all ages, demonstrations and meet-and-greets with first responders. The hope is that it strengthens residents’ connections to their police departments, but we know the kids are mostly in it for the fun—and there’s nothing wrong with that!
Come Aug. 3, Bergenites can enjoy a night out with fun, games and a few great guys and gals in uniform. Here are seven towns that are hosting free Night Out events:
- Cliffside Park, Grantwood Park, 5 to 8 p.m. Attendees can expect carnival games, trackless train rides, airbrush artists, face painters and plenty of pizza, hot dogs and ice cream.
- Fair Lawn, Memorial Park, 7 to 9 p.m. Enjoy live music, food and other vendors while learning about the borough’s emergency services.
- Little Ferry, Borough Hall, 6 to 8:30 p.m. Meet with Little Ferry’s finest and bravest while having a little fun at the water rides (bring your bathing suits), football throwing contest, K-9 demonstration and more.
- New Milford, La Barbera Field, 7 to 10 p.m. Members of the borough’s emergency services will be joined by armed forces reps to help celebrate the festivities, which include amusement rides and games, music, food and more!
- Paramus, Paramus Library, 5 to 7 p.m. Kids will have a blast with a bounce house, helicopter landing, games and activities and more all on the agenda.
- Rochelle Park, Midland School, 6 to 9 p.m. The borough’s first NNO will include food trucks, a K-9 demonstration, Wiffle ball home run derby, exhibits and more.
- Teaneck, Votee Park, 6 to 9:30 p.m. The meet-and-greet with police, fire and EMS members will also include a free outdoor screening of Sonic the Hedgehog at 7:30 p.m. Movie-goers should bring beach chairs and blankets—free popcorn, glow sticks, youth bicycle helmets (while supplies last) and more will be provided!