Fundraisers Benefit Operation Rice Bowl

Through online garage sales, charity dinners and other events, students at the Academy of the Holy Angels, Demarest, are raising money to benefit Operation Rice Bowl.
Italianclubopricebowl2

Through online garage sales, charity dinners and other events, students at the Academy of the Holy Angels, Demarest, are raising money to benefit Operation Rice Bowl. A recent bake sale netted about $200 for the school’s drive, which continues through Easter. Operation Rice Bowl was launched in 1975 in response to famine in Africa. Today 75 percent of all donations benefit the international program and help increase agricultural harvests, improve access to clean water and sanitation, and support nutrition and healthcare education. The remaining 25 percent of the contributions support hunger and poverty relief efforts in local communities. For more information, visit crsricebowl.org.

Categories: Bergen Health & Life