Get Practical: 7 Best Presents For The Class Of ’22
Your grad will appreciate these thoughtful presents, whether they’re moving on from high school, college or beyond.
It’s graduation season, and you just may have someone special in your life who’s suiting up in their cap and gown with the class of 2022. Of course, any young adult would be thankful to receive a new car, watch or jewelry—as well as homemade baked goods and gift cards—but there are other practical gifts that won’t dent your wallet and will help take your grad into the next chapter of their life.
Check out BERGEN editors’ picks below for top gifts for high school and college grads this season—ranked from lowest to highest price. Start shopping now, as many of these are available at local shops right here in Bergen County:
- This Chasing Dreams in Six-Inch Stilettos journal ($19.50, Ginger N’ Cream, Westwood), where the shoe-loving lady boss can jot down all her notes, dreams and aspirations.
- This Recycled Ombre Classic Shower Caddie ($29, Pottery Barn Teen, Hackensack), to make runs to the dorm shower a little easier—and a lot more chic.
- This Erin Noir3 black puffer cosmetic case ($32, Lily & Kate, Ramsey) to hold their makeup essentials, writing utensils for class or other on-the-go little doodads.
- This Tranquility Cool-To-The-Touch 15 lb. Weighted Blanket, ($39.97, Walmart, multiple locations), to make a dorm room bed more comfy and more Zen.
- The Amazon Echo Dot Smart Speaker with Clock and Alexa ($59, Target, multiple locations) to help keep the new grad on time and on schedule.
- This never-goes-out-of-style Burberry Sandon Canvas & Leather card case ($200, Bloomingdale’s, Hackensack) to hold their cash, ID and credit card on quick outings.
- These chic Sony wireless noise-cancelling over-the-ear headphones ($349.99, available at Best Buy, multiple locations), to drown out distractions when they’re trying to work or study.