Get Ready For The 2023 Golf Season
Find out everything you need to know—including what’s new—about golfing in Bergen County this season.
Before this week, we’ve dodged severe winter weather all season long—and that’s been good news to those who found a spot for winter golf. But here’s some better news: Opening day at Bergen County’s golf courses is set for March 13 (weather and conditions permitting, of course).
If you haven’t thought about your game and kept your clubs stowed away since fall, here’s what to expect this season when you’re ready to get back in the swing of things.
The county will be rolling out a new online point of service and reservation system. The system will go live for renewals and new registrations when Bergen’s six public courses officially open. If you signed up in 2022, your registration has been automatically extended to May 31, 2023. Check out Bergen County’s golf website for updates prior to opening day.
A new weekly maintenance schedule has been released for 2023. All 18-hole golf courses will have a delayed opening on scheduled weekly maintenance days, while the nine-hole Orchard Hills will be closed on its maintenance day. The schedule is as follows:
- Monday: Orchard Hills and Soldier Hill
- Tuesday: Darlington and Overpeck
- Wednesday: Valley Brook and Rockleigh Blue
- Thursday: Rockleigh Red and White
The first tee time on opening day, March 13, is 8 a.m. Updated seasonal start times can be found here. For more information, contact the courses directly:
- Darlington, 277 Campgaw Rd., Mahwah, 201.634.3160
- Orchard Hills, 404 Paramus Rd., Paramus, 201.447.3782
- Overpeck, 273 E. Cedar Ln., Teaneck, 201.336.7298
- Rockleigh, 15 Paris Ave., Rockleigh, 201.768.6354
- Soldier Hill, 99 Palisade Ave., Emerson, 201.336.6031
- Valley Brook, 15 Rivervale Rd., River Vale, 201.664.5890
Which Bergen golf course is your favorite and why? Tell us on Instagram @bergenmagnj.