Noodles With Carrot Miso Soup
Yields: 4 servings
- 9 oz. carrots, peeled and grated
- ½ cup light miso paste
- ¼ cup tahini n 1 Tbs. yuzu vinegar or rice vinegar
- 1 thumb-sized piece of ginger, peeled and grated
- 12 oz. noodles of your choice
- 1¼ cup cooked edamame beans
- First make the sauce by blending the grated carrots, miso, tahini, vinegar, ginger and 1 cup of water in a high-speed blender until smooth. Taste, add more salt if needed, then let sit.
- Cook the noodles in boiling water according to the package instructions. When ready, drain and rinse.
- Divide the sauce between four bowls, then top with the noodles and beans and serve immediately.
This is a well-balanced dish consisting of real, whole foods. Carrots are high in Vitamin A, which is an essential nutrient for good vision, and ginger has Vitamin E, which aids in digestion. Edamame is a great plant-based protein with fiber, calcium and iron too. It just goes to show that you can still get necessary protein and nutrients from a vegan meal.” —Sara Monk, registered dietitian, Riverfront Nutrition Associates, Oradell