Play Pickleball At These Spots In Bergen
Take up a new hobby or practice your game at these indoor and outdoor pickleball courts in our area.
It’s the fastest growing sport in America in 2023—have you played pickleball yet? This combo of tennis, ping pong and badminton is easy to learn, fun to play and a great way for people of all ages to get some exercise and meet new friends.
And just because it’s hot out there (like, really hot), doesn’t mean you can’t continue playing throughout the summer. Bring a large bottle of ice water to stay hydrated, then check out these spots in Bergen where the public can play pickleball, whether you want to brave the heat or prefer an air-conditioned court.
Outdoor pickleball courts:
- Leonia’s Overpeck Park Tennis and Pickleball Courts has six hard courts open daily.
- Rutherford’s Tamblyn Field courts are open from 9 a.m. until dark daily.
- Memorial Field in Oradell, which is open to Oradell residents daily.
- Montclair Pickleball at Emerson Junior-Senior High School, which hosts clinics, open play, lessons and tournaments for kids and adults over the summer. (Check out their summer clinics schedules here and their open play schedule here.)
- Westwood’s McKinley Park tennis courts are open for pickleball Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 9 a.m. to noon; Tuesdays and Thursdays from 5 to 8 p.m.; Saturdays from 9 a.m. to noon.
Indoor pickleball courts:
- Bergen Pickleball Zone in Ramsey, where you can book open play, lessons or a clinic. Reserve your spot online—the courts are open from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Little Falls Sports & Recreation Complex is open for pickleball every Monday from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
None of these spots strike your fancy? Check out this interactive New Jersey Pickleball Court Map to find your perfect pickleball place. Where do you play (or plan to play) pickleball in Bergen? Tell us on Instagram @bergenmagnj.