Street Fair Season: 9 To Check Out In Bergen
Vendors and food and rides, oh my! Kick off summer ’22 with these street fairs and carnivals that offer fun for everyone.
What December 2021 was to drive-through light shows is what June 2022 is to street fair season—the most wonderful time of the year! And it’s just starting to pick up steam here in Bergen County, with another carnival or street fair coming up just about every weekend.
Here’s a preview of some of the happenings in our towns this weekend and beyond, where you can support local vendors, restaurants and other businesses, and enjoy some family-fun time with the kids as the school year winds down. Note that most have free admission unless otherwise noted.
Sunday, June 12
- The Montvale Street Fair will be brimming with fun and activities, including 150 vendors, two food courts, live music, performances from local dance schools and clubs and a kiddie section featuring inflatables, face painting, sand art etc. 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- You’ll find one-of-a-kind craft items for sale, as well as handmade pickles, kettle corn, Italian ices and more, at Westwood’s Crafts in the Park at Veterans Memorial Park. 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- The 18th annual Fair Lawn Street Fair and Craft Show will line Fair Lawn Avenue, where there will be artists, crafters, kids’ rides, live music and more. 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Enjoy food, beer, music and more of the sort as 20 food trucks roll into the Paramus Food Truck Festival located in the Paramus Park parking lot. Kids will enjoy a petting zoo, inflatables, pony rides, face painting and sand art, while parents can wash down lunch or dinner at the beer, sangria and margarita garden. 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- It’s the last day of the season to enjoy the L.E.A.D. Carnival at Westfield Garden State Plaza. There are rides for both big kids and little kids, games with prizes and fair fare like ice cream, lemonade and funnel cake. $5 admission per person (36” and over) (plus $1.50 per ride ticket) goes toward Law Enforcement Against Drugs & Violence (L.E.A.D.). Noon to 11 p.m.
- Residents and non-residents alike will enjoy Wood-Ridge Town Day along Valley Boulevard, featuring rides, food, a tiki bar and a live performance from Bruce Springsteen tribute band, The BStreetBand. 2 p.m. to 7 p.m.
Weekend of June 23-25
- Kick off summer at the State Fair Meadowlands, which begins on June 23. More than two dozen rides (including “kiddie land” for the toddler set), games, food for purchase and more await you at North Jersey’s biggest festival of the season. A Fun Pass for $34.99 gets you unlimited rides and access to certain activities such as the petting zoo, but check out njfair.com for more ticketing and pricing info.
- Check out the Ridgewood Craft Fair at First Presbyterian Church featuring handmade goods from more than 20 vendors, from beauty products like nail polish and soap to loungewear, candles home décor and more. June 25, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Visit the Maywood Food Truck & Vendor Festival at the Myron Manufacturing Parking Lot to indulge in food trucks (of course), live music, a beer garden and a kids’ zone. June 25, 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.