Thanksgiving To Go: Pick Up Holiday Dinner (Or Parts of It) At These Bergen Locales
Skip the prep work and clean up: Create a Turkey Day feast by ordering what you need from local eateries.
Breaking some Thanksgiving traditions was all but necessary last year due to coronavirus concerns, but one or two of the Turkey Day adjustments in 2020 might not have been all that bad. Hear us out:
Remember all the stress you dodged when, rather than prepping a big feast for a large get-together, you opted to take out a fully cooked meal or a couple of sides for your small gathering? You had a delicious bird and all the trimmings without long hours in the kitchen, without cleanup, without turkey fryer fires. That’s something to be thankful for!
Many Bergen County eateries are offering this alternative again this season, giving you the Thanksgiving dinner option of barely lifting a finger. Don’t want to cook a turkey? Not in the mood to create different plates of hors d’oeuvres, veggies or potatoes? Terrible at baking pies? Just order one or all of the Thanksgiving dishes you want. Many shops and restaurants have special Thanksgiving take-out menus on top of their a la carte selections so you can fill your table (and bellies) with exactly what you want.
Below is a sampling of locations that have Thanksgiving selections. In most cases, all you have to do is pick up the food and reheat!
- B&M Food Market, 192 Kinderkamack Rd., Park Ridge, 201.391.4373
- Biagio’s, 299 Paramus Rd., Paramus, 201.652.0201
- Café Amici, 315 Franklin Ave., Wyckoff, 201.848.0198
- Luca’s Gourmet Deli, 6-03 Saddle River Rd., Fair Lawn, 201.796.1056
- Maywood Marketplace, 78 W. Pleasant Ave., Maywood, 201.843.8361
- Oceanaire Seafood Room, 175 Riverside Square Mall, Hackensack, 201.343.8862
- Rockin’ Roots, 434 Hillsdale Ave., Hillsdale, 201.497.6137
- Saddle River Café, 171 E. Saddle River Rd., Saddle River, 201.282.2300
- Stern and Bow, 171 Schraalenburgh Rd., Closter, 201.750.3350
- Uncle Giuseppe’s, 10 Triangle Plz., Ramsey, 201.995.6800
If hosting just isn’t your thing and spending time at your in-laws’ doesn’t scream holiday, you can take the fam out for dinner and let these eight Bergen restaurants do all the cooking, serving and cleaning.
- Brasserie Memere, 107 Vervalen St., Closter, 201.660.8822
- Felina, 54 E. Ridgewood Ave., Ridgewood, 551.276.5454
- Lefkes, 495 Sylvan Ave., Englewood Cliffs, 201.408.4444
- Morton’s The Steakhouse, 1 Riverside Square, Hackensack, 201.487.1303
- River Palm Terrace, 1416 River Rd., Edgewater, 201.224.2013; 41-11 Rte. 4 W. Fair Lawn, 201.703.3500
- Sanzari’s New Bridge Inn, 105 Old New Bridge Rd., New Milford, 201.692.7700
- Sofia, 36 Engle St., Englewood, 201.541.8530
- St. Eve’s, 611 N. Maple Ave., Ho-Ho-Kus, 201.857.4717
Do you take out or dine at a restaurant for Thanksgiving? Tell us your go-to places for Turkey Day below or DM us @bergenmagnj.