“Greening” your home is easier than ever thanks to itseasybeinggreen.com, a site that lets you outfit everything from your sink to your shower, your windows to your weather stripping, for maximum energy savings.
“Greening” your home is easier than ever thanks to itseasybeinggreen.com, a site that lets you outfit everything from your sink to your shower, your windows to your weather stripping, for maximum energy savings. As the direct-to-consumer branch of New Jersey-based Niagara Conservation Products, itseasybeinggreen.com specializes in water- and energy-saving products that keep your home humming—and you comfortable—while sparing the environment (and your bank account)! Take the popular $20 Earth Massage Showerhead, which uses just 1.5 gallons per minute compared with standard shower-heads’ 2.5. A special pressure-compensation device ensures that the stream is still
powerful so you don’t have to worry about washing under a trickle. At the end of the year, you’ll have saved 7,300 gallons and shaved about $150 off your water bill.
Top five ways to protect the water table
1. Turn off the faucet while you brush your teeth.
2. Run appliances such as the washing machine and the dishwasher only when they’re full.
3. Keep a pitcher of water in the fridge so you don’t have to run the tap until the water turns cool.
4. Save the water you use to rinse fruits and veggies; it absorbs nutrients that make it perfect for watering plants!
5. Glance at your water bill—if you notice unusual highs, it probably means you have a leaky faucet, pipe or toilet.