5 Lobster Rolls to Try in Bergen County
New Jersey gets a taste of New England with these 5 eateries that have must-try, Maine-inspired lobster rolls.
Like you, we’re sad that beach season is over. Let’s face it, the end of summer is always a bit disappointing. But there is no rule that says you can’t still enjoy one of summer’s culinary delights—the lobster roll. In fact, it’s fun to eat this satisfying meal even as temps dip.
And plenty of Bergen County spots make a killer “lobstah roll” that rivals those on the Cape, Martha’s Vineyard and elsewhere in New England. Here are five local spots to try on Sept. 25, National Lobster Day, or any day of the year, for that matter:
- East Coast Burger has one of the best cheeseburgers in Bergen County, so you may be surprised to learn that they prepare a mean lobster roll too. The New England-style lobster is made with a special seasoning and served on a fluffy bun along with coleslaw and pickles.
*75 Franklin Ave., Ridgewood, 201.857.0277
- Father and Son Seafood Steak-N-Take is known for their fish sandwich and cheesesteaks, but don’t skimp on the lobster: Their lobster roll comes with fries and a drink. Want something slightly different? Opt for the lobster fries or lobster mac and cheese, both equally delicious.
*7 Tenafly Rd., Englewood, 201.408.5949
- Jack’s Lobster Shack has an entire menu of “signature rolls,” which become a complete meal with homemade coleslaw and salad or chips. Choose from Maine style lobster (cold and with mayo) or Connecticut style (warm and with butter). And don’t forget to make it a double!
*1040 River Rd., Edgewater, 201.244.2808; 38 Union Ave., Cresskill, 201.266.6575
- Kungfu Crab specializes in Cajun seafood (think NOLA’s po’ boys), but they’ve perfected the Northeast seafood vibes too with a must-try lobster roll. They also have a build-your-own option, where patrons choose their seafood, sauce and add-ons.
*209 Paterson Ave., Wallington, 973.815.1888
- Maine Artisan Café is right on the water and has an entire menu of—you guessed it!—New England-inspired eats for a truly authentic lobster experience. Signature dishes include the Maine lobster roll on a brioche bun, the lobster BLT and another roll that’s half crab, half lobster. All of the above feature mayo, a spritz of lemon and warmed butter.
*245 Old River Rd., Edgewater, 201.496.6984