Adorn Your Home for Thanksgiving
You may be serving fewer guests this year, but you can still go all out with the table décor for Thanksgiving 2020.
If you’re following the CDC guidelines—not to mention the new restrictions instated by Governor Murphy—your Thanksgiving gathering this year will be a bit more intimate than usual. And whether or not you’re going all out on the food (or are ordering Thanksgiving takeout), it’s all the more imperative to up the ante on the décor. Especially if you’ll be dining with just your immediate family, you want to differentiate Nov. 26 from every other dinner of the year, right?
To help you do that, BERGEN selected eight seasonal items from stores with locations in Bergen County that will elevate your tablescape. Shop the links below, and don’t forget to post photos on social media once your table is set so your extended family has something to look forward to next year!
- The once-a-year special meal deserves once-a-year special dishes. The turkey 12-piece dinnerware set is perfect for serving your guests every year on the last Thursday in November—silver lining is at least you’ll be prepared for 2021! Available at Sur La Table, Paramus, 201.621.4278
- A table runner in a color scheme to match the fall leaves is a must for the big feast—we like the Fall Holiday Design Jacquard Cotton Blend Runner for this reason (and for this season). Available at Target, Hackensack, 201.678.0599
- The Greens & Gourds Thanksgiving centerpiece, on its own or paired with the fall pumpkin wreath, is a pretty piece to anchor the table. Available at Williams-Sonoma, Woodcliff Lake, 201.307.8762
- The pie recipe & towel server set does double duty in the kitchen; the towels feature pie recipes and will help with the dishes when the kids won’t. Available at Ginger N’ Cream, Westwood, 201.664.2440
- Let everyone know where they’re seated—even if it’s just the three, four or five of you—with these cute turkey place card holders. Alternatively, these elegant napkin rings depict an appropriate holiday message. Available at Crate & Barrel, Paramus, 201.986.2999
- Handblown glass shaped into pumpkins, the Recycled Glass Pumpkin Cloche set puts a November-ish touch on traditional candlelight. Available at Pottery Barn, Hackensack, 201.457.1313
- If your table is lacking in the shimmer department, this glamorous votive cup set will add instant sparkle and shine. Available at Z Gallerie, Paramus, 201.389.0151
- Whether you place it on the table itself or string it across your mantel or banister, the Faux Gold Metallic Magnolia Leaves Garland is a memorable finishing touch. Available at West Elm, Paramus, 201.261.2552