Get A Jolt of Java At These 5 Bergen Coffee Shops
Whether you’re looking for a quick pick-me-up, tasty treat or relaxing vibe, these coffeehouses will get you going.
Few will complain about the extra sunshine we’ll be getting, but losing an hour of sleep because of Daylight Saving Time (spring those clocks forward on Sunday!) will surely turn many of us into grumps on Monday. There are many ways to keep weary eyes open: Stand up and do stretches at your desk, take a walk around the neighborhood, listen to upbeat tunes. Or you can do it the old-fashioned way and go for an extra cup of coffee!
When your home brew just won’t do and when the lines are too long at the big chain coffeeshops, take a trip to an independent coffeehouse in Bergen County. Here, you can order your favorite latte, espresso, cold brew and more—and even pair it with a tasty pastry or piece of coffeecake. There are many shops from which to choose, including the three listed in our Readers’ Choice Poll: Ridgewood Coffee Company, American Bulldog Coffee Roasters and Caffeine. Here are five more of our favorite places to grab a cuppa joe!
- Aroma D’Café Bakery, Oradell. This Argentinian bakery offers delicious pastries, cookies and more—each the perfect accompaniment to a dulce de leche or other hot coffee.
*246 Kinderkamack Rd., Oradell, 201.483.7775
- Rey Sol Coffee, Ridgewood. This quaint and cozy shop has plenty of snacks and food to keep you full, but the coffee will keep you going. Specialties like the s’mores latte are a treat, but the house blend is just as good!
*22 Chestnut St., Ridgewood, 908.227.1804
- Rutherford Coffee Company, Rutherford. There’s no shortage of good coffee and tea in the neighborhood, and this shop is second to none. In addition to their brews, the croissants and other pastries are must-tries.
*70 Park Ave., Rutherford, 201.212.9408
- Stray Cat Brew, Maywood. They say they have the best drinks in town, “paws down,” and they back up their claims with special coffee flavors like toasted almond, coconut cream pie and chocolate frosted cupcake.
*108 W. Pleasant Ave., Maywood, 201.584.8050
- Sogno Coffee, Westwood. This coffeeshop uses its custom-built roaster to roast its own coffee, which is used in both drip and seasonal flavors. If you want to stick around for food, you can’t go wrong with either a sweet or savory crepe.
*11 Madison Ave., Westwood, 201.497.3628