Make Dad Glad With 5 Experiences On Father’s Day
Skip the tie this year and treat him to a memorable day—for him or the entire family!
Some dads love receiving great gifts for Father’s Day, but unwrapping a present isn’t for everyone. If the man in your life would rather go somewhere and experience something special with the family for his big day, there are several fun ideas right here in Bergen County to take him to next weekend.
BERGEN compiled a Things-to-Do-with-Dad list so he can enjoy a few hours of fun, from ogling cool cars, living out airplane pilot fantasy, watching knights in a good old-fashioned joust and more!
- The classic British cars and motorcycles at A Touch of England 2022 on June 18 at the Hermitage in Ho-Ho-Kus will get your guy’s motor running. Car owners will be on hand to talk shop with visitors, while food trucks will keep everyone fueled and filled for the 9 a.m.-to-4 p.m. event. Tickets are $10 per adult, $5 for children 6 to 12, and free for children under 6 at the gate.
- Open Cockpit Day is June 18 at the Aviation Hall of Fame & Museum of New Jersey in Teterboro. From 10:30 a.m. to 4 p.m., Dad can live out his Top Gun dreams by sitting in the pilot’s seat of rare fighter planes, rescue helicopters and more. Adult admission is $15, seniors and kids under 12 get in for $12, and children under 2 are free.
- Challenge Dad to a round of mini golf at the Closter Golf Center ($8 for adults, $7 for kids under 10) or buy him a large bucket of balls so he can perfect his swing at the driving range. A short drive up to the center’s sister location in Tappan, N.Y., will up the adventure—the facility has mini golf, driving ranges, batting cages, a go-kart facility and family-friendly café.
- He’s king of the day, so let him wear a crown at Medieval Times in Lyndhurst. No matter what age you are, watching a sword fight and joust never gets old—plus the four-course feast with roasted chicken entrée is delish! Tickets are $65.95 for adults and $38.95 for children.
- Enjoy some sun and fresh air—and maybe a little splash of water—at the Overpeck Park Paddle Center in Leonia. Dads and their families can rent canoes, kayaks and standup paddleboards and enjoy a few hours on Overpeck Lake’s calm water. Rentals are $25 per paddler for two hours. Pro tip: Paddle under the pedestrian bridge where you can see the Bergen County Flyers operate their model airplanes over the water every Sunday morning.
Where are you taking Dad for Father’s Day? Share your ideas with us on Instagram @bergenmagnj.