Stay Cool At These Bergen Pools
No pool, no worries. Make a splash at these 7 swim clubs—they’re open to all county residents!
The dog days are coming, folks, so how are you going to beat the heat? There are plenty of beaches down the Shore and natural swimming holes in the area to help you keep cool, but sometimes dealing with traffic, sandy and muddy toes and not-so-clear water just isn’t worth it. That’s when having access to a pool comes in handy.
If you don’t have a pool in your yard, you still have options. Sure, you can try to score an invite to your neighbor’s pool, but perhaps an easier plan is to take a dive into the clear water of your local town pool. And don’t fret if you live in a pool-less town because many offer memberships to non-residents—play it right and you can get discounts, as we’re already four weeks into summer.
Check out these seven town pools that are open to all Bergen residents:
- Bogota Swim Club, 452 Feller Pl., Bogota, 201.489.1991. Fees for non-residents: $15 daily pass, $460 for single-person season membership
- Demarest Swim Club, 1 Wakelee Dr., Demarest, 201.788.3377. Fees for non-residents: $522 for single-person season membership, $426 for half season (beginning Aug. 1)
- Glen Rock Pool, 390 Doremus Ave., Glen Rock, 201.670.3984. Fees for non-residents: $15 daily lap swim pass (early morning only), $500 for single-person season lap swim membership (early mornings only), $120 for 10-trip coupon book (early mornings only)
- Mahwah Municipal Pool, 700 Darlington Ave., Mahwah, 201.529.4949. Fees for non-residents: $185 for single-person season membership
- Maywood Municipal Pool, 1 Brook Ave., Maywood, 201.845.2900. Fees for non-residents: $460 for single-person season membership, $276 for single-person monthly pass (June 27–July 31 or Aug. 1–Sept. 4), $163 for 10-trip guest card
- New Milford Swim Club, 160 Trotta Dr., New Milford, 201.265.5635. Fees for non-residents: $912 for single-person season membership, part-time memberships are available
- Palisades Park Swim Club, Roosevelt Place, Palisades Park, 201.585.4140. Fees for non-residents: $20 daily pass, $300 for single-person season membership (Cliffside Park, Edgewater, Fairview and Fort Lee residents), $350 for single-person season membership (all other towns)
Which are your favorite Bergen County pools to visit during summer? Tell us on Instagram @bergenmagnj.